#he really is disarmingly sweet and genuinely charming #he’s not even trying he’s just fucking like that #when he was born he probably apologized to his mom for the fuss and told a nurse she was pretty
There has been a terrible lack of posts recognizing the Philippine Typhoon and that’s why I’m making this post. The Philippines just had the WORST typhoon in history called, Haiyan. Now if you have no idea about the severity, the wind speeds of this typhoon was about 250 mph, which is THREE AND A HALF TIMES THE SPEED OF THE WINDS OF HURRICANE KATRINA. imagine the damage Katrina did to the US, a developed country. The Philippines is a Third world country. Most of the people in this country live in SHACKS MADE OUT OF TRASH. It is estimated that about 10,000 PEOPLE DIED. Dead bodies literally litter the streets and are STUCK IN TREES. IF YOU GIVE ANY SHITS TODAY ABOUT FELLOW HUMANITY YOU BETTER REBLOG THIS. IM NOT ONLY DOING THIS BECAUSE MY FAMILY IS FILIPINO BUT BECAUSE THIS STORM WAS THE WORST IN HISTORY. GOD BLESS THE SOULS LOST THERE. My parents were seriously almost on the verge of tears and almost screaming. We didn’t lose anybody in our family, but it has got to hurt to know that the place you came from is IN SHAMBLES. Pls spread this if you care
I have a lot of Filipino friends and people I cherish a lot! If you could donate to the cause that would be great!
PLEASE HELP! Here are some links to donate:
HOW THE INTERNATIONAL COMMUNITY CAN HELP
- donations via the Philippine Red Cross (including PayPal)
- donations via Habitat for Humanity
- donations via ANCOP Foundation USA
- eta: donations via UNICEF Philippines
- eta2: donations via CARE Australia
- eta2: donations via Caritas Internationalis
- eta2: donations via GMA Network (credit card, cash, check)
- eta2: donations via World Vision
- eta2: donations via AmeriCares
- eta2: donations via Samaritan’s Purse (Canada)
- eta2: donations via Canadian Red Cross (or you can text REDCROSS or ROUGE to 30333 to donate $5)
FOR THOSE IN THE PHILIPPINES
- text donations via Globe
- Red Cross and DSWD relief operations (infographic)
- list of ongoing relief operations via Rappler
- donations via ABS-CBN News
- eta: relief operations via University of the Philippines
- eta: relief operations via the Department of Education
- eta: pick-up locations for donations via Air 21
- That’s the percentage of working scientists and engineers who are black men and women, according to a recent study by the NSF. This week, educators and scientists are meeting at Stanford to talk about African-Americans in the tech world.
If you’re ever having a bad day, here is a picture of a little turtle wearing a raspberry
In this gut-wrenching talk, Sergeant Andrew Chambers shares the haunting story of his time in Iraq and the tough transition home that landed him in jail. It’s a powerful testimony to the struggle our soldiers face when they come home, and the tragic ways that they can be denied the help they need.
For anyone looking to support a veteran, we encourage you to heed Chambers’ advice: "Find a veteran and listen to his story. A lot of us just need somebody to talk to."
I will love you as a thief loves a gallery and as a crow loves a murder, as a cloud loves bats and as a range loves braes. I will love you as misfortune loves orphans, as fire loves innocence, and as justice loves to sit and watch while everything goes wrong.
- Lemony Snicket, The Beatrice Letters (via myartisnotforsale)
Hey, douche bag. You’d better vote for the bill to raise the minimum wage to $10.10 and hour and then start doing something about the theft of millions of American homes (and the value in them) by big banks.
That’s why so many people are on food stamps, because of wage destruction allowed by a House that has been dominated by the GOP for 15 out of the last 19 years now.
Because of the “Hastert” - (really Gingrich) - rule that effectively puts them in charge of Congress.*
And job destruction: Remember 2007-2008 when your GOP prez’s horrific tenure culminated in massive lay-offs, while banks stole peoples life savings through their under-regulated loan games. That whole set up was created by your GOP in Congress and Bush’s administrative lax control of the banking system.
You and your fat cat cronies are abusing the system. Hell, you’ve basically destroyed the power of the people in this nation!
You set up to put millions on food stamps or worse, and now you complain?
*The Hastert-Gingrich rule says that the Speaker does not have to bring any measure to a vote unless a majority of the majority is ready to vote for it. This allows a minority of Congress, even of the House to control it. A majority of the lower legislative chamber was ready to vote for the continuing resolution in September as was the Senate, but instead the government was shut down for 16 days because of that anti-democracy gimmick the GOP cooked up. They call it the Hastert rule because most Americans understand what a crook Gingrich is, but indeed the speaker who dominated the Clinton impeachment was the one that first installed it into policy,
Shorter URL: http://bit.ly/17hD00Y
You are so brave and quiet, I forget you are suffering.
- Ernest Hemingway (via coffeeqveen)